The research-oriented Master’s programme in Sociology follows on from the Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and is offered by both sociological institutes in the 03 Social Sciences department at Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main. Following the tradition of the Frankfurt Social Sciences department, students on the Master’s course will acquire the necessary skills to be able to work independently in accordance with scientific principles, to apply scientific methods and knowledge, and to contemplate social contexts with a critical mind.
The Master’s in Sociology expands knowledge of sociological theories and methods, and gives students a range of skills that enable them to use research results and methods independently, and in accordance with the principles of good scientific work, in order to develop their own questions and pursue them with practical research.
The graduates acquire skills that can later be used in demanding activities in various areas of society (culture, politics, business) that require a solid sociological education and a store of sociological knowledge. The Master’s programme also prepares students for a subsequent PhD programme.
- Applicants for the Master’s programme should have already obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology or a comparable degree.
- Good English language skills are to be proven by:
- five years of English lessons at school (the grade for English on the final certificate must be “satisfactory” or higher), or
- a level 2 UNIcert degree, or
-a TOEFL test (online score of at least 87), or
- a comparable certificate (niveau B2)
- Applicants with an international university entrance qualification must prove sufficient German language skills according to the regulations of the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH), the German language test for university entrance.
If the university entrance qualification for the consecutive Master’s programme (namely the Bachelor’s degree) has not yet been completed, you can apply for the programme with a transcript of records on the basis of at least 80% of the required for the bachelor's degree CP (normally 144 credit points). This provisional certificate must be issued by an office authorised to award grades or issue certificates. If a student is admitted, this will be on a provisional basis.
Mode of admission
Admission to the study programme is restricted.
Sekolah ini menawarkan program di:
Terakhir diperbarui February 16, 2018